How to Make the Most of Your Weekend
Do the chores first. Nobody wants to do the chores and very few people get a thrill out of cleaning, washing the clothes, and vacuuming. But it has to be done. So the earlier you do it on the weekend, the better. Set aside a time on Saturday morning to just do it and get all available hands on deck to help. You’ll feel a huge sense of relief when it is done and it clears the way for the rest of the weekend.
Plan to do things. Weekends feel longer if you get out and enjoy them. Mark events to do on your calendar. When you see events in the paper that interest you, cut them out and pin them to the calendar and plan to go. Consider what it is you, your family, your friends etc. like to do together and organise in advance:
- Plan a sports event – either one of your own (e.g., football in the park), or going to a sporting event to cheer it on
- Plan to go to the museum, the zoo, the park, the art gallery, the local exhibition, the bazaar at the local school, the visiting circus etc.
- Plan to visit relatives, friends, people in hospital etc.
- Plan to relax; as trite as this sounds, you should spend some of the weekend truly relaxing and that includes not using electronic equipment!
Use the evenings well. Plan to do things in the evenings that do not involve TVs, computers, or video games. These soak up time without it even being realized and suddenly you wonder where that time went. Instead, go out and do things:
- See a movie (it has a fixed time and allows you to do other things)
- Go bowling or do some other indoor sporting activity
- Go out to dinner – it doesn’t have to be expensive, just get a group of friends or family and visit somewhere convenient for a pleasant evening of conversation, catching up, and food
- Go to a concert – whatever your taste in music, there is nothing quite as uplifting as a concert
- Go shopping – a trip to your local mall can be a lot of fun for window shopping and eating out cheaply
- Go to the pub – have just a few drinks and a lot of good conversation; don’t stay all night, just add this in with other activities
- Go to a book store – browse the books, have a coffee and buy a good book
- Go to the theatre – you’ll be transported away for a few hours to another world
Enjoy it to the last minute. Do something fun on Sunday evening. Have everything ready for Monday on Sunday morning so at 6 PM instead of feeling the weekend is over you can actually grab a movie and enjoy the last piece of the weekend.
A. Front Squat
6 x 3 (use 85%+ for all sets)
B. For time:
10,8,6,4,2 Power Clean, 165/115
*Run 200m followed by 2 rounds of “Cindy” after each set of power cleans.